How do you protect your childs idenity?

If you fear someone has or is using it?

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 1:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you know someone's identity is being used inappropriately (chid, adult, you know them; you don't - whatever) then report it.
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 2:28 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I never post any pictures of my family's faces or real names. I'm not saying my kids don't do that themselves on Facebook, etc. I am a firm believer in NOT posting personal info.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• What do you mean?
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 2:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• If not concerned about identity theft. But I don't use my name, my child's name or our pictures on my blog. I don't post pictures of her on my Facebook page anymore now that I have friends on my list that I don't know very well. And I rarely post pictures of her or use her name here on CM. I do it more for privacy than for fear.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• umm, you can get in contact with the credit bureau, and find out...i heard a story about a lady who had a mortgage on her credit, in good standing, and she waited until it was paid off, took the people to court, and won the house that she never paid for because it was on her credit. umm, let's see, there's a credit monitoring website, for like 3.99 a month you can receive alerts if something has changed to the credit report (you can't view the report though)..umm, that's about all i know...it takes years to get stuff figured out if someone has used your LO's credit. good luck.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 2:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I lost her social security card....that's good right :(
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 2:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I feel that my ex is using one of my children(s) if not both of there names for his personal discretion.
    agriffinmom4

Comment by agriffinmom4 (original poster) at 2:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I don't post thier names or pitures on the Internet.
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 8:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010