Is the Kirland brand of dog food at costco good?

It doesn't have any corn and the first 2 ingrediants are meat. But what makes me ask the question is because its not certified with AAP ( is that the group that checks the food?). So what do you ladies think? I am just trying to find a good but not expensive food for my dog.

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pets

• I think you mean "Kirkland" / Costco brand dogfood.... Right? And, Yes, I have used that for my dogs and they loved it and it has a fairly high protein content.
    Shanster075

Answer by Shanster075 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Haven't heard of it, but I may look around & check it out.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes i do mean KIrkland...:o)
    Thanks I will try it. Is there ever a coupon or on sale?
    JacobsMommy05

Comment by JacobsMommy05 (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My dogs love it and it's such a good deal. I switched to it after buying Iams for years. Although, I've never seen a coupon for it.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 6:05 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Here is a great website! I was just there yesterday, reading about Kirkland myself. I was pleasantly surprised. They are rated higher then Nutro, which is what I feed now. I am guessing Kirkland is cheaper too. http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• PS as far as coupons - when you are a Costco member, you get a coupon book each month in the mail. There are coupons for all sorts of different products, and it changes every month. I bet the dog food has a coupon sometimes too. But you have to be a member :)
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Definitely the highest quality food you can get for the price.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:02 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Thanks Ladies. I am a member of costco and never saw a coupon thats why I was asking about it thinking maybe i just didn't see it? I will try it and see if my dog likes it. THanks ladies for posting!!
    JacobsMommy05

Comment by JacobsMommy05 (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2010