Why is it that I don't let people know what it is I am feeling, why do I not have the ability to just let what I am thinking fly out of my mouth? Why can't I just stand up for myself?

I don't rely my feelings to other people until they BLOW UP.

Asked by LoftisLove at 5:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• So many woman in our society have been taught to be submissive and suppress their feelings. They have been programmed to not be assertive. Hopefully in time we can reprogram our young women and teach them that's it is ok to feel and think and not hold back. I'm glad to see you felt comfortable enough here to express yourself. You are making progress for the change already. Good for you!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Hey I'm with ya! I let people know how I'm feeling only when I'm mad. If I'm sad or pset it's a totally different story. Everytime I try to break down and talk about my feelings I start to tear up.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Everyone is different,some people are straight forward like myself.If i have something to say i just say it.Some people can't seem to open up that way,they want to but they can't.I had a friend like that people would pick on her and she just let them talk to her anyway i would defend her and i told her you have start speaking up for yourself or your gonna have this problem for the rest of your life and she realized that it was some self esteem issues she had,but when she got through that she was like a new person she was still sweet,but she didn't let people say any and everything they wanted to her either.So i said that to say this maybe that's your problem.I hope what ever it is you find out.

Answer by tboogie at 6:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• i dont know why that is because i am the say way i guess we just care to much about what everyone else will think about how we feel.

Answer by thisisreal at 9:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Seems to me you just did! You are already half way there if you know your problem. Not everyone is a fighter and just because you may not wave a flaag on your thoughts and opinions it does'nt mean you don't have them. Don't be so hard on yourself "practice makes perfect".

Answer by rosetoes at 1:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2008