At what age should u start potty training ?

My daughter is 18 months old and i bought a potty chair for her a couple of months ago and she used it the first 3 times and then she wouldnt use it anymore she will sit on it but not go? What should I do?

LaShawndaGitahi

Asked by LaShawndaGitahi at 11:35 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• give her a book to look at while she is sitting there. also do a sticker chart and give her a sticker for everytime she goes.
    discoverytoygal

Answer by discoverytoygal at 11:40 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• If she's not ready, she's not ready. I'd wait until she's a little closer to age 2... she'll understand what you're telling her a lot more easily then & will buy into all the stickers and treats you'd offer her as rewards. I tried PT my son around 19 months, but he would NOT go... so I waited until now (25 months) and he is peeing on the toilet often & isn't fighting it.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• girls are easier to train than boys
    Anonymous

• I totally dont agree with girls being easier!! not in my case anyway! But to your question... consistency is key! YOU have to be ready! My son was not trained until about a month before he was 3. But that was my fault. I didnt want him to grow up. I started with Emi about 4 months ago. She is now 28 months old and completely potty trained. It takes time and your daughter will not get right away. You have to make it a BIG deal EVERY time she goes on the potty. I found it is easier to do it with no training diapers or pants. If you put undies on them they seem to be more likely to train quicker but it does take time. Patience. Ask every 15 minutes if she has to go and make her sit on the potty. Distraction is good. Give her a book or play a game while she is on there. Good luck
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 3:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2008