Stopped breastfeeding 10 months ago, should I still be leaking?

Even when I breastfed I could never get much supply at all, so we were forced to supplement, so what the heck? He weaned himself at 8 months old, and it's been 10 months since then. It's never much, but every once in a while I'll feel wet and see a wet drop on my shirt, and it's always there if I squeeze the nipple. Normal or not? I had a pregnancy scare this month too, but af came, so my hormones just may be out of whack.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Are you sure it was just a scare? Maybe AF was really breakthrough bleeding?
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 2:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Well, I took a test at 10dpo and it was negative then at about 16dpo I got what I thought was AF, it was 3 days of bleeding, but no cramps. It was more than spotting, so I assumed it was af, but she did end a bit sooner than normal.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I would pee on a stick if I were you!
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 2:49 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Any stimulation can keep you producing just a bit - so if your SO sucks them, massages them, if you rub soap over them in the shower, frequently squeeze to check for milk, ANYTHING that stimulates them, yes, it's normal to still have a little milk. One of my SIL had milk for a couple of years after her youngest weaned because her DH would not leave them alone - as soon as she got him to stop touching them for a few weeks or so she was dry.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 2:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Well, I have the mirena, but the reason for the scare was that I swore I ovulated, I've had the mirena for 18months and so I was able to recognize the feeling since I hadn't done it in so long, but after bleeding I figured that was it and didn't bother to test again. So I take it it's not normal to leak a little bit that long after Bfing. lol. I guess I'll get a test. Thanks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I continued to leak periodically for years after my first child stopped nursing. It was most likely to happen when it was hot or my bra was too tight.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It's pretty normal. It can take YEARS to fully dry up.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2010