normal or is it me?

Ok so I no its normal for kids to just want mommy or daddy, but my almost 7month old is starting to cling to me wen I try n leave for work. She's had the same babysitter for ever and she also my neighbor. Angelli always loved to go to her I never had a problem until about 3days ago! I work full time so sometimes I feel like I don't spend enough time with her as I should could that b why or is it just like everyone says its what all babies do!

angsmommy

Asked by angsmommy at 2:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• seperation anxiety is 100% normal
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It is seperation anxiety and the fact that she senses you don't feel you are spending enough time with her. She knows you are not wanting to leave so she is playing on that to try to convince you to stay. :)

She will be okay as time progresses. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Normal if you are concerned really get one of the nanny cam bears but it sounds 100% normal they all do it
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It is normal for them to develop separation anxiety at this age, even if they never had a problem with it before.

Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 2:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• 100% normal.......and since you work full time and dont get to hang with her all the time ..she just wants to be with you..but its normal
    Rebecca.R.

Answer by Rebecca.R. at 2:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• normal! my daughter loves her daddy she cries when he leaves for work! but when i leave she doesnt do anything! lol
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Normal its just separation anxiety and for my twins it kicked in right at 7 months.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• totally normal! if you don't make a huge deal out of your leaving, she'll eventually get better with it.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 4:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• could be separation anxiety, that normally springs up about that age.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I take care of my grandson about every other day. My DIL works and my son is a student. My grandson is fine when my son leaves. Sometimes he acts clingy or a little fussy when his mom leaves but by the time she is out of the driveway he is fine. After they leave we keep waving and I say "later" and we start doing someting. Usually I get him a drink and snack.

There may come a time when your child is a toddler and she won't want to come home. That's happened with my grandson. We were lucky it was my son picking him up and he was understanding. My DIL would have been UPSET. I used to do home daycare and it's normal.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2010