Why do non spill sippy cups leak? lol...

does anyone else have this problem? lol..or is it just me.....:)

Rebecca.R.

Asked by Rebecca.R. at 2:46 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no i bought my first one the other day and it leaked all over my lil turkey lol...it was a munchkin...i did go back and buy a nuk and its awesome cost about $7 but worth it
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It's NOT just you! That bugs me so bad lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i know it drives me crazy they might as well just use regular cups because if they spill they will just make the same mess as the sippy cups lol
    Rebecca.R.

Comment by Rebecca.R. (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i have the same problem!! why say they're leak-proof..when they're not!! stupid!!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 2:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I hate them too and my toddler ate the plastic rubbery ones that they make the nubby or something like that... I think they get away with calling leak proof cause they don't spill all over at one time. YEA I HATE THE FACT THAT THEY LEAK ALL OVER.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Ours don't leak too bad. I'm not sure what brand they are, but we have a few Dora cups and a few Princess cups. What I hated were the straw cups, because while it's a great idea and they don't leak........they just don't work out well. God forbid you ever put milk in them and it gets old (which always happens here, because she is always stashing her cups)..THEY STINK! No amount of soaking of cleaning would get the smell out. They also smell like rubber from the get-go, so her water always tasted weird. Who knows what would happen if juice were to be put in them. YUCK! Moms, save your money and don't buy the insulated straw cups!

Oh, I just checked the brand and they are Learning Curve, Playtex and Nickelodeon..............so maybe try one of those brands.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• That used to drive me crazy. Like every third cup I bought would leak! I'm so glad I'm past that. I only used them for my first. My younger 2 went right to regular cups.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• We had a few Advent ones that didn't leak but every other cup we tried didn't spill but sure did leak. The kids would have great time shaking the cup and splashing water all over.

bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 4:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I will take the leak any day. When my first two kids were young, you just cleaned it up. Then, with my 3rd, the miraculous "no spill" cup. If my grand daughter puts it down and it leaks - fine. It doesn't spill unless I don't put the baffle in correctly.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2010