How can I reverse osteoporosis

chiwithme

Asked by chiwithme at 2:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Health

• talk to your dr.. there's a pill made to help with it..
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It's that stuff that actress Sally Field takes. I want to say Boniva but not sure. Proudmommy is right, talk with your doctor.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I honestly am doubtful of it being reversed, but the effects can be at least lightened. I have bad joint pain and I think arthritis and I am only 25, someone told me yesterday to try pills with glucosamine with condritin which are found in the supplement isle at the grocery store for about $20. I looked up studies on arthritis and such and that was the number one recommended thing to try by doctors. :)

Here is a little bit more info.:)
    http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/supplements/a/glucosamine.htm

Hope it helps!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• As far as I know you can't. You can get meds. to stop it, but you can't get rid of it, that's why DRs . push women to take care so much bec you can't get it of it. Id talk with your Dr. though.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes, there are medications that can help reverse bone loss. Talk to your doctor. My grandma did. And, she was MUCH improved!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 3:14 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Vitamin D is so important and many Dr's are recommending it to their patients. The best form of Vitamin D is Vitamin D3. Not sure if it can reverse the osteoporosis but I know women who are taking it that have this condition.

Good luck to you....
    Amber
    Healthymomma

Answer by Healthymomma at 12:50 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Supplements and exercise would help stop the progression of osteoporosis. A healthy lifestyle can help avoid falls and fractures if one has osteoporosis. Some people opted to have a hip replacement after they have had a fall or fracture due to the brittle bones.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2012