what is your favorite movie quote?

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 3:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something. ~ The Princess Bride

Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while. ~ The Princess Bride

Don't dream it, be it. ~ Rocky Horror Picture show

When I see the way that mankind loves... You could search to the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful. So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing... ~Stardust

Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 3:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• "You can't handle the truth"

Answer by louise2 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• "IT's a trap" - General Ackbar The Return of the Jedi.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Forrest Gump "Mama always said, 'Life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get.'" Love that movie!!
    MsElastigirl

Answer by MsElastigirl at 3:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Frankly My Dear I dont give a Damn. ~ Rhett Butler in Gone with the Wind.

Sighs. I love that movie & that book.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 3:14 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• "we're gonna need a bigger boat!"-JAWS
    "must go faster!"- Jurassic Park

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Life Lessons from LOTR... Apply where needed!

Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe.... such wise words from my favorite wizard, Gandalf the Gray

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.. a drunken Bilbo Baggins, a statement that works in everyday life!

It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no telling where you might be swept off to.... a wise Bilbo Baggins, also works in everyday life because Tolkien always said: Not all who wander are lost....

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Not so much from the film, but in the special features for Serenity, there's an introduction from the director, Joss Whedon, where he quotes the show the movie was based upon.

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."

I well up everytime I hear it.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 3:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• This is a long one but I just remember this one so much from Ever After:

"If you suffer your people to be ill educated and their manners corrupted from infancy and then punish for those crimes to which their first education disposed them what else is to be concluded sire but that you first make thieves and then punish them?"
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• "I thought we were friends? And I was just going to give you coffee".........from The Stepford Wives , the original 1975 movie with Katherine Ross and Paula Prentiss. LOVE it.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2010