Anyone have Gestational diabetes and have a healthy baby?

I am scared I go for my 3 hour test and my baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead and is 10 pounds already. Im 36 weeks and I hope shes big because it runs in the family. I want to know if anyone else here has gone through this.

AngelEyva

Asked by AngelEyva at 3:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My sister has. He came out perfect. =)
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I had GD, he was healthy.. well.. he had no life threatening medical conditions that is.. :) Good Luck on the test
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I had gestional diabetes with both of my boys and they were both healthy and both were born under 8 lbs
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I had it with my 3rd. The doctor told me #3 would weigh around 10-lb at birth, and when he was born he weighed in at 8-lb, 2-oz and he was healthy. Good luck on the test!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I had it with my twins. They were 5 13 and 6 13. They are 17 now and very healthy.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• :: sighs of relief:: my friend had it and her daughter came out fine just was 10 pounds is all. the doctors just love to scare me or something
    AngelEyva

Comment by AngelEyva (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• They told me from an ultrasound he was 10lb3oz, i had him the next day and he was 8lb 8oz. They can be so off..lol..And he was healthy as can be. And he is 14 months now and still healthy as a horse :0
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• thats crazy that he was born the next day and they were so off. no wonder they call it an estimate. i hope I have my baby tomorrow or tonight lol, I plan on walking this baby right on out of me lol
    AngelEyva

Comment by AngelEyva (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I've had GD 4 times and have 5 healthy kids. The babies I had when I had GD ranged in size from 7 lbs 7 oz to 8 lbs 1 oz. The baby I had when I didn't have GD was 8 lbs 9 oz!

Answer by missanc at 4:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yeah, totally just an estimate. I should have worded that differently though. What it was was i had an ultrasound at 36 weeks and they said he was 8lb 110z already, so since they gain a half pound a week he would have been 10lb3oz at 39 weeks. When they wanted me to induce they kept saying hes over ten lb hes over ten lb, so i let them and he was 8lb8oz at 39 weeks 1 day..Way off. Every person i know has been guessed wrong. One friends son was said to be 9lb9oz (she had a u/s 3 days before) and when he was born he was 8lb 5oz. Another friend was told her kiddo was high 7s low 8s and she was 9lb 5oz. Its all just a guess :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2010