My granddaughter is ready to be potty trained...I think?

My granddaughter, 13 mos, is ready to be potty trained. She pulls her diaper off, says stinky when she poops & takes a new diaper & wraps it around her leg to put it on lol. I give her a wipe to wash her hands when I change her diaper so she would learn that she should clean her hands after potty. Now when I give it to her she tries to wipe herself & ends up cleaning her tummy, but it is pretty obvious she is mimicing us. Where do I start? She is with me from 3pm to bedtime while mommy works & the day with mom. We want to have a plan we can both follow consistantly.
One note - my granddaughter has a problem with her bowels. They are large at times & she is constipated frequently. We are working on that with diet & other instructions doc. So sometimes when she has a bowl movement it is very painful & needs help to pass it out. So any suggestions would be appreciated.

TorisGrammie

Asked by TorisGrammie at 11:57 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think she has found some things that are interesting to her, but I don't think she's ready for PT yet. If you do really want to start PT her, then just start putting her on a toddler toilet every 15-20 minutes until she starts to pee on it regularly. If she gives you any resistance, then I'd stop for a couple of months and try again later. Good luck!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2008