Is there anything you can eat or take to raise sexual desire during pregnancy?

Before I was pregnant my husband and I would have sex at least 3 times a week and sometimes substitute for other things on nights we just wanted to do something for eachother. Now that I'm pregnant we have sex once a week and I usually do stuff for him because I feel bad that I'm not as into it right now (I'm 31 weeks). Last night we had sex and afterwards I was thinking, "I really didn't feel like doing that". The thing is I used to LOVE IT and now I just feel so out of it. Help?

ours

Asked by ours at 11:57 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• TELL HIM WHAT TO DO HE WILL BE ABLE TO RAISE YOUR SEXUAL DESIRE, YOU JUST HAVE TO LET HIM KNOW WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL SEXY, MY BOY FRIEND IS THE SAME WAY HE ASKED ME AFTER SEX ONCE IF I WAS GETTING CANKLES FROM BEING PREGNANT, I WANTED TO DIE... BUT NOW HE DOES EVERYTHING TO MAKE ME FEEL SEXY AND HAPPY. HE WILL UNDERSTAND AND SHOULD BE WILLING TO HELP YOU
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Google aphrodisiac foods... I've never tried any myself, but I hear that they really do increase desire! Just be careful of which things are safe to eat during pregnancy (seafoods, etc.)

It's completely normal, by the way, to feel this way towards the end of pregnancy. It usually helped me to put on some sort of sexy pajamas or a cute outfit that made me feel good about myself--- the hubby usually got the hint & started "wooing" (lol) me.

Good luck & congrats on the new baby!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 1:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• But be very careful that you don't stimulate your breast to much this can bring on labor. and you don't want the baby born this soon.....
    sumbeach

Answer by sumbeach at 2:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2008