Sister adult content

Time to time i wonder if she is, my younger brother and I discussed it once and he thinks she is bi. She moved away years ago, had a few serious relationships with guys but always seem to be better as friends for her, talks of wanting a baby but I really don't believe her. Now my mom is constantly telling my sis to give her a grandbaby and i think parents are in denial, sis never said but there are numerous signs, i guess i have pretty much accepted it without her telling me but i do get sick of hearing mom pretend that she is not. Live in small town and sis been living on her own in big city and hangs out with numerous lesbian friends and claims to have boyfriends but we never do meet them. I think maybe my sis is scared to tell and i don't want to push the subject. Am i putting to much thought into this, i love her no matter and maybe i am the one who needs to learn how to deal with this. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• At first you said you have pretty much accepted it, then at the end, you said you have to deal with it.... If I were you, I would let your sister live her life the way she wants. She's not hurting anybody and it's not directly affecting you if she lives far away.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 3:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I have tons of LGBT friends and I am straight as an arrow. I don't think that is a sign of anything really.
    HadleyAzure

Answer by HadleyAzure at 3:25 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes you're putting too much thought into it. Maybe you should post pictures or something onyour myspace or other sites she is part of that pretty much say to the world, "I support gay pride" to let her know without SAYING it that you support her lifestyle. If you are too ashamed to do that then maybe you are secretly ashamed of her lifestyle?
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think you're putting too much thought into it. If she is a lesbian or bisexual, that doesn't mean she's not your sister. She's still the same person she's always been, just with a different gender preference. Don't put your thoughts into your parents' heads, that would cause unnecessary drama in your family. Just be there for her, love her, and accept her for who she is. :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Just come out an ask her if you really want to know.

And any mom pressuring their kid with "give me grandbabies" stuff is just a pain in the ass. Sounds like you mom needs a major chill pill. Maybe sis doesn't WANT kids? Maybe she can't? Maybe she's being responsible and waiting until she's ready?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 3:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Until she's ready to say anything - it isn't your business.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I honestly went through a period where I wasn't sure of my preference......she's your sister, her business is her business just as i'm sure your's is yours, as a sibling advocate, except her choices, and stand up for her whenever neccessary even with dear oh mom, end the drama, our world has so many other real problems to dwell on on a daily basis
    lovebug434

Answer by lovebug434 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2010