Potty Training (For Boys Only)

So I am beginning to potty train my son and I was wondering which way works best.

Do you let them stand to pee? Or do you have them sit down?

aussiesma

Asked by aussiesma at 12:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Okay, well, my little guy sat because he usually saw me going potty. After he got a little older and saw his dad standing, he wanted to try it and I let him and stood there to show him he had to aim it in the middle of the toilet. He is now 4 1/2 and sits. I don't know if you've found a great way to potty train or not, if not this is what I did. I let him run around naked. He was very much more aware of peeing when he had nothing on. I even tried sweats without underwear but it didn't work. He just had to be half-naked for a week or two and he did pretty well after that. If you already found a different way that works better, then ignore that last part. good luck
    RachT

Answer by RachT at 12:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I had my son sit down at first. Then he progressed to standing up. Standing up and holding it is hard at first...well my son said it was...he had a hard time making it in the toilet! lol!
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 12:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• We make Calvin sit down... that way if he needs to poop at the same time (which he has not done yet) he can if he needs to. Good luck!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• my son sits on the toilet but.. useally doesnt go.. he will stand in the tub and pee though he thinks its more fun...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• my son stands when pees.. but he hasnt mastered number two yet.. he'll ask for pamper for that.
    i got him a stool he stands on that and he leans foward and holds on to the lid and counts to three and he shoots... very cute, then he moves his stool to the sink and washes his hands .
    Mamma_Love

Answer by Mamma_Love at 5:06 AM on Oct. 18, 2008