Bored?

I have been with my SO for 3 years. I love him, but I think I am getting bored with him. I don't want to leave him, but I don't know how to fix this. I have talked to him about it, and he listens, but it just seems to make him depressed. Like he thinks he has failed me or something. He starts acting whiny and mopey instead of trying to work with me, and that really irritates me. It's like I can't say anything to him without hurting his feelings. I feel like we are growing apart because of this, and I don't want that to happen. I need some advice...

lilbit837

Asked by lilbit837 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• If you were bored with how things were going with your children what would you do? I am guessing you'd show them how to do things differently to make it better. So do the same for him. Obviously he's not undertstanding what you want/need so set an example. Take control and show him what you want. He can't provide you with something he's never been taught so teach him or learn together but set the stage and let him follow you until he understands then he can take over.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I know how you feel I"ve been w/ my husband for 3 years now. You just need to spice life up a bit. Join a club together or if money's tight like w/ us go walking and talk. Find something that you both will agree on, maybe it'll help, It did me and my DH. Good Luck
    MAyers

Answer by MAyers at 12:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I have decided to pay attention to my needs and how I can keep and be interesting, creative and active in meeting them. I have been bored. lonely and tired. He's pretty much in love with the tv and the couch. I plan my day and the things I have to do while working into it something I enjoy like decorating, shopping, a new recipe, or I invite company. I walk and read a little every day. I am investing in people who are interesting and fun. We will see how I feel after a few months of this. I am down just thinking about leaning on him to make my life any more than it is.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 1:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I agree with admckenzie... really, this is going to happen to an extent in ANY relationship...thats how it works...anyone who tells you that it stays the same (all those lovey dovey feelings) is lying!!! lol... not that you cant be passionate in a relationship that lasts 50 years... but just like all things in life...things change, and we have to change with it... That is why it is called COMMITMENT. Spice it up...keep a positive attitude for yourself and towards him... work on you...but dont push him away it will only make it worse. I can guarantee if you start super boosting his ego (he's a man...that's what they need...lol) he will be more confident, outgoing, and loving. Good Luck.
    Teejay602

Answer by Teejay602 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2008