Do you find more spiders during a specific time of the year or season?

I'm thinking the end of the summer I notice more spiders and spider webs than any other time of the year. Has anyone else noticed a spike in their spider population?

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 3:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes around Halloween. Thats probablly why they always make a spider web desing for decorations around this holiday.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 5:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yep, spring and fall. Yuck. i hate spiders.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yup. Late summer/early fall is when we see them more. I'm starting to see them more now, found a huge one in the house the other day too :( Doesn't help we have a lot of trees and shubbery surrounding the house.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Once it starts warming up, our basement is a spider haven. Once it gets too cold, they are not around as much..shudder.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• During spring and the start of fall.. That's when they're trying to escape the cold and find food.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yep...fall is the big wolfy spider migration to warmth... and it better not be in my house! My stupid shrubs out front are full of the spidey funnels of death... won't have to decorate much for Halloween! LOL..
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes, it has been a bad year for them here in Cali - because of the mild winter. I have been bitten 3 times so far (and I am sure there are more to come) - they LOVE to bite me.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2010