Post ovulation temps

For those of you out there who had charted to help you get pregnant, your temps following ovulation; were they up and down by 1-4 degrees but still well above the coverline?
This month that is what I am seeing on my chart. No big dips like last month. I do have 8 more days before AF is coming so we'll know for sure once I am late (and then have to take a test).

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 3:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Ok...to me it sounds like you might have a combination of a couple of things going here.

The waking up in the middle of the night can DEFINATELY be affecting your temperatures. I would recommend that you start taking your temperature when you wake at 4:30. As long as your are in bed by midnight (preferably earlier but 4.5 hours should be enough time) then there shouldn't be any problem taking them at this time.

I used to go to bed around 10pm and my husband would take my temps when he got up for work at 5am every morning. Also make sure that you are not moving very much when you take you temps. Have the thermometer on the table beside the bed or let your husband become more involved int he baby making process by having him take it for you when the alarm goes off.

The other thing which could be a HUGE issue for you here is that with your recent miscarriage could have raised your Prolactin levels which would lower
    katelingerum88

Answer by katelingerum88 at 6:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Mine were pretty stable. If you want to share your chart I'd be happy to put another set of eyes on them.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 4:03 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I cannot figure out how to get the chart and then paste it and put it on here. I tried to show another girl my chart for other reasons last month and couldn't do it. Darn!
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 4:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• You can right click on the chart and "save as", then upload to an image sharing site. I recommend http://www.picupine.com
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 4:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I just know how to email it.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Do (or not) as you will, but picupine is incredibly painless. There's no registration, etc. After you upload it will give you a custom url that you can then share. As I understand it the urls expire, so it's a good quick short term anonymous image sharing tool.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 4:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• That was easy!
    www.picupine.com/0724073x shows my chart. Thank you for any insight you have. We have been trying for 9 years and finally got pregnant in spring. Sadly, I m/c in June so we have only been trying again for 2 months so realize that I may need to be more patient for a while yet.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• The only thing that we know for sure is that my hubby has a low sperm count so to time intercourse for every other day during my fertile time, which I have been doing both months. We did acheive a pregnancy before so we have been told it can happen again.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 4:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• wow. those temps are all over the place. Are you taking them the same time every day? And are you getting about the same amount of sleep? Or are you waking up and then back to sleep?

Sounds like DH has had a fertility work up, have you? If so, what has been checked? And has the doc recommended any treatment for you?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 4:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i take them within a 15 minute time frame as I don't always awake for exactly 7 a.m. Is that my problem? It is either 6:45 or 7 or 7:15 when I take my temps each morning. I usually have been sleeping from 11 or midnight til 4:30 or 5:00, and then I lay there until I fall asleep again until 7:00. With the loss of our baby in June, I have seen this pattern with my sleep. At first, I was stressed and very sad, but that was for about 3 weeks. Once my period returned, I felt better but some nights, I awake earlier.
    My DH has had a sperm analysis done; low sperm count and motility. i have had some bld. work done (can't remember now what it even was) and I also had a dye inserted into my uterus to have a look around; my ovaries, fallopian tubes. All was well.
    I am waiting for our Nurse Practitioner to get back to me as to when we can meet with her next week or the week after as we want to ask to do all our testing again
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 6:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2010