Our Baby Girl is Getting Neutered Tomorrow - Is Yours?

and right now she's getting a bath and a hair cut. She a 1 1/2 yr old Cockerpoo. We're hoping it may calm her down a little, she's not hyper probably just being a puppy who likes to play. All the dogs around here are older, and will not play, just take her snacks and run. We may end up getting her a playmate, if my S/O ever gets a job again. Have you had your pets neutered. This is a 2nd for us.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pets

• All of my animals are spayed. I think all animals should be fixed unless they belong to a reputable breeder who breeds the animals responsibility not to make money. If they are breeding the animal for the breed and do everything to keep the breed standards then that's fine but the backyard breeding I don't agree with. There are far too many animals put to sleep because of peoples irresponsibility.

onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 11:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It's the best thing for them.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 4:05 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Good for you for being a responsible pet owner! I wish more would do the right thing! We got our oldest lab fixed after she had her first "heat"- our other lab/sheppard mix was a Humane Society rescue- & they come w/ all their shots & fixed. Your pup will be up and running around again in no time :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Both my dogs were pound puppies. Both places had a policy that the dogs must be spayed or neutered before they are adopted. So yes, my big boy is neutered and my baby girl is spayed.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 4:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Good Answer Eviesmommy ;-)
    marilyp

Answer by marilyp at 4:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• omg...lol....i just read the first part and thought you meant a HUMAN baby girl!!!! omg....well, good choice on the gettin her fixed and GL!
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• yup. Got my fur baby spayed when she was just under a year old. Wouldn't have it any other way. There are all ready too many puppies without homes, why would I want to contribute to that? Not only that, but it's better health wise. Reduces the risk of cancers and infections later in life. :) Good job on being a responsible Pet owner :)
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 4:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My Baby, Thumbelina was spayed when she was 6 months- I wish Everyone would have their Babies Spayed or Neutered! There would be One Million Less Animals in the Shelters that Do Not Deserve to be there:(
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 9:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Both my 3 year old male german shepherd and my 3 year old femail german shepherd mix are altered. The boy since he was 6 months old because we got him as a pup, the girl was spayed right around the year mark - we fostered her since 10 months and we were on the rescue organizations timeline with that.
    Our 3rd and newest edition is another GSD mix - with what we aren't sure we were told australian shepherd and norweigan elk hound but i think it might be closer to russian wolf hound by the looks of him.. anyhow he's been here a week on saturday he is 8 months old and has not be neutered yet. As soon as his official vet records come through hopefully in a day or two we can get him to our vet and get that all on its way.

I think its a responsible thing to do
    FooLynRoo

Answer by FooLynRoo at 7:44 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• our dog had that done today
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 12:32 AM on Sep. 8, 2010