Olive Oil???

I am using Extra Virgin Olive Oil for everything, been that is said olive oil is good for you I use just a little extra in all my foods. Is this ok? Or would i get fat is I use to much olive oil?

GodPRKitty

Asked by GodPRKitty at 4:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• a little is ok, it is high in good fats, but it is still oil and should be used sparingly
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• 2 teaspoons a day is what you need of good fat. It is good for your heart, digestion and brain.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:05 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I agree with peanutsmommy
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 4:05 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It it is much better than butter, and the fat is a good fat, but you still shouldn't use too much

Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 4:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Even good things can be used in excess - adding a little extra to everything is excess.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 4:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• it's tha same old story......calories in should equal calories out to not gain weight. so too much oil can add more calories than you want.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• You don't need more than a couple of teaspoons of any kind of fat a day. Olive oil is the better choice.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I agree, it is a very healthy fat, but you don't want to go overboard. It's still fairly high in calories.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 4:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It is ok b/c most recipes only call for a small amt.
    momof3angela

Answer by momof3angela at 1:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• If you are using only a little bit ( a couple of Tbs a day) then it's ok. But it's still a fat and has calories. The news and studies have shown that of all the oils Olive Oil is best because it helps lower the bad cholesterol and raise the good - so it's good for our heart, but it is still a calorie based food so should be used in moderation.
    KickButtMama

Answer by KickButtMama at 5:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010