How can I get rid of a yeast rash?

My daughter has had a horrible diaper rash for over a month now. After a week of it, I took her to the Dr. who gave us Nystatin cream. The rash actually got worse, so I stopped using it. Then I tried vinegar in her baths and on her cloth wipes. Didn't work. We went back to the Dr. and she told me to use OTC Lotrimin. That seemed to relieve her itching, but the rash didn't clear up. On a friend's advice, I started mixing the Nystatin cream with her regular diaper rash cream. It finally worked! After a week, it was gone completely. Now it's back again, only a few days after it had cleared up. And the Nystatin mix isn't working. I'm seeing her Dr. again in 2 days, but is there anything I can do for her in the meantime?

MaineMommy118

Asked by MaineMommy118 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when my kids got the yeast diaper rash I used monistat cream. It works really well. Um, you could also just leave the diaper off of her for a while and "let it breathe" (as my grandma would say). Clean the house down too. She might keep getting reinfected by wash cloths, towels or even blankets.
    Wish you the best.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Are you letting her go without her diaper on? Let her go without the diaper on as much as possible, even leaving it on a little loose at night really helps. Use a soft washcloth with warm water to wipe her. You also may want to try a different brand of diapers/wipes other than what you are using.
    Good luck, and I hope she is doing better soon!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• This totoall yworks you need to bathe her in Oatmeal Aveeno makes an oatmeal bathing packet..you can get it any store...it totally worked..
    kaleigh111

Answer by kaleigh111 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i agreew ith eeryone above. boudreaux's works good for me too! go for the monistat and air first!
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2008