Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my sons dad uses the excuse that since my son and i live with mom for now. he cannot be a father like he wants. because my mom doesnt approve of him and doesnt want him at her house. he is free to see his son whenever just not here. but he uses it to his advantage. i mean he knew how my mom felt bout him before i got pregnant and during the pregnancy. he's just using that as an excuse. ?????


Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • I, personally, would stop asking him to his kid them. If he can't find a way to spend time with his child regardless of how your mom feels, then he doesn't need to see his child at all. I wouldn't make an issue out of it, I would just stop asking him or bringing up the subject. If he really wants to see his child he'll find a way to see his child. Until then he can live his life alone.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

  • definitely using that as an excuse. What I'd do is say, "Hey, I'm at the park. You can come see your kid now." See what his response is. If it's "Well, I'm busy" or something similar, he's just weaslin out of it, and you should definitely call him out on it.

    Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

  • It is an excuse, he should be a parent regardless. But he's telling you how he feels - and he's entitled to feel that way. He shouldn't be using it as an excuse, but you've put him in a really bad position.

    What do you want him to do if she doesn't want him at her house? At least he's being respectful of her wishes. What are you doing to help facilitate his interactions with his child, if he's not comfortable where he's not wanted?

    Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

  • it is an excuse!!!!!!!!!

    Answer by survivormama10 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

  • What's wrong w/ his place- or his parents' house or other family members' houses? Do you not trust him to take your son on his own? Or how about a public meeting at the playground or at the mall? You cannot force him to be a parent, but you sure can enforce the child support! If he can't man up- find another male family member to step up and help fill the void. Welcome to single-parenthood. It's not easy, but w/ the right support system- we can make it a bit easier on our kids. :)

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2010