about the poop!

So is feeding cereal a result and "thicker' poop! ? some of it looks like peanut butter and then there are now chunk of harder poop in it! It looks like it hurts him to poop. I just started cereal and he is 6 months. This makes me not wanna start food. Is this normal for babies to start gettin chunkier poo poo! Any advice will help im new at this! Thank YOU!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes it is normal. Make sure you give him lots to drink when you feed cereal. I started to feed my daughter porridge when she was 3-4 months old. The more solid food you feed, the more to drink they need.

My daughters poop is almost always "hard", but it doesnt hurt her and never did. I asked the doctor about it.

Do not stop feeding her cereals/solid food.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• My baby boy is 6 1/2 months and the same thing is going on - his poop just became thicker too, with the occasional chunk. It's pretty gross. He poops about once a day or every other day instead of multiple times a day too.
    So sounds like it's normal and you are doing great!
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• You shouldn't feed her soilid food unless she is 6 months old because it can cause allergies and her digestive system can handle it well. That would possibly explain the chunky poop!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 3:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• rice cereal can cause 'thicker' or chunky poop or constipation. Switch to oatmeal or mix pears into the cereal. And YES it is ok to feed your baby cereal from as little as 3 months, because babies grow at different rates and some need more calorie intake then others. Diluting pear juice for constipation is also good when the poop gets hard from cereal.
    AveeRose

Answer by AveeRose at 7:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2008