Did your inlaws like you when you and your hubby first got married?

My inlaws did not like me at first and told me so... They LOOOOOOOOOVE me now. But...its still in the back of my mind... They hurt me sooooooo much!

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 4:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• you are not alone sister! Lol mine hated me when we were dating and they hate me know..trust me the feeling is mutual..after years of smart comments and rude attitudes and attempts to bust up our home..yeah im done my dh is too..now that he sees what was really going on
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 4:25 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It took my hubby a long time to admit that he saw how they treated me. He stated that he simply didnt know how to handle it. We have been married for 10 years now. I have faked it sooooooo long that I think that I have finally made it! But what a long hateful couple of years!
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• No we did not like each other and I should have ran like hell. My hunch about them right from the get-go. I thought they were horrible parents even at a young age of 19. I had no idea the damage they had done to him thru neglect until years later. They lived out of state so I thought it would be ok, but their manipulative and hurtful actions know no state lines. :(
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 4:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• loved me, still do. and im not the easiest to get along with! boy I sure gave them a scare tho! When we first met they were all shy and not outspoken at all, didnt know about mean jokin or playfulness. So when I told me husband (then my bf), "That's it. I don't like you anymore." for ticklin me, they thought i was for real!!!!
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• unless i've been duped, i think they were eternally grateful that i'd turned up and dh finally attached himself to someone. did they like me? they acted like it..so far, so good. (dh's father had already passed, but i'm sure he would've liked me, too.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Not sure. They say they love me, but I get the feeling that they do because it's the Christian thing to do not because they really want to.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Nope and they still do not.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I didn't meet them until 3 days before my wedding, but they seemed to love me. I know my sister-in-law loves me. I'm sure that everyone else does too. I did meet hubby's grandparents and I know they love me. Other than his grandparents we don't get to see his family as much as we should, but I think they still like me. I'm sure they are glad my hubby isn't alone on the other side of the country.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I don't think that they like me now or that they ever did
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• my MIL yes.. at least she never gave me any indication that she didnt, and I didnt meet my FIL until 2 years after the wedding.. so no one really cares about his opinion.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2010