I know it is not safe for Pregnant women to drink Energy Drinks or even Caffiene... But I'm not sure if I AM pregnant yet, and if I am it's only like a week... Anyone know the harm if any, of those 5 hour engery shots?? I'm a busy women and need all energy I can get.

Normally drink at least 3 5 hour energy shots a week, due to my late hours at work.

Maddyangel54

Asked by Maddyangel54 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well I think caffiene does the most damage early in the pregnancy, so I wouldn't take them until I knew for sure I wasn't
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I wouldnt drink those energy drinks at all if I suspected I was pregnant. Coffee wouldnt be so bad in moderation though.
    sweetsinglemama

Answer by sweetsinglemama at 4:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i agree that early pregnancy is the most important in terms of development in general, not sure about the effects of the ingredients in that specifically
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I personally wouldn't risk it! Those energy shots not only have an unsafe amount of caffeine but may have unsafe amounts of additional vitamins/minerals etc that could harm your baby. I'm sure 1-2 cups of coffee wouldn't hurt, or 1 20 oz pop or something like that, but I would not be drinking those energy shot things.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• id be more worried about the other stuff in 5 hour energy than the caffeine...it only has as much as a cup of coffee. you can have some caffeine while pregnant, you just cant drink a ton. my dr said 2 cups a day is the max.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I am havign my 5th child, and my doctor tells me to have 2 caffeinated drinks a day to avoid headaches, but energy drinks are bad!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I believe the 5 hour energy drinks contain the amount of caffeine in one cup of coffee (double check). If that's the case, one of those a day is safe as long as no more caffeine is consumed (keep it under 200mg). Don't forget many things have caffeine including anything chocolate!
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 11:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2010