Do you know anyone like this????

I have this friend who has to have her mom's approval for everything. She can't unpack her boxes after moving until her mom comes over to tell/show her where everything goes. She has to run recipe ideas I give/swap with her past her mom before deciding if she wants to cook it. She even ran the name I chose for my daughter passed her mom before telling me what she thought...It's so irritating sometimes. I just suggested a website for her to use with her son for help with Kindergarten. and instead of telling me what she thought she gave me her mom's opinion...which was good but her mom doesn't really like me (I do things and make decisions on my own...in other words I can do my own laundry) =o)
Do any of you know people like this...cause today it's bothering me and she is the only person I have ever heard of who is like this!

OBImomma

Asked by OBImomma at 4:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• It's great to be close to your mom- but this sounds like she is really insecure. Hopefully she will start doing things for herself, or she will be a total basket case if/when she ever loses her mom-God forbid. You can't control her relationship w/ her mom- only the one between the 2 of you. Keep being a great friend- maybe a strong female role model (other than her mom) will rub off on her! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes, kind of funny.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Nooo. Can't say I have ever known anyone like that.
    I do know that when we first got married my husband would call his mother for everything that I had a question about. One day I asked how long to boil eggs so he called his momma. Another day I had a back ache so he called his momma. I finally told him to stop calling his momma!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• That's weird. She'll grow up. Is she very young?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• wow thats pretty crazy.....i personally dont know anyone like that but it sounds to me like her mom is controlling but your friend lets her mom be that way..how old is she? and not to be rude but your friend needs to just grow up and figure things out for herself and stop running everything by her mom..because if she keeps going to her mom..her mom will never stop
    Rebecca.R.

Answer by Rebecca.R. at 4:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• not exactly but my husband's best friend is extremely dependent! He's 25, lives with his parents, his mom cashes his check for him, cooks his dinner, does his laundry...etc...He refuses to believe that my DH could ever love me more than he loves him...which is creepy. He insists that my husband text him everyday (even though he's the one who moved several states away just because his mommy and daddy were)....apparently clingyness is something that still exists in our generation.
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• no i do not
    does this friend have mental issues?
    seroiusly, maybe she has some mental defect
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• She's 26 and she does need to grow up my DH and I talk about it all the time...Her Hubby acts even younger than she does. She's trying to grow up and she was doing better until her mom moved in...now its worse!
    OBImomma

Comment by OBImomma (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i can't say that i know anybody like that cause even most kids don't take their mothers advice. weird. very weird.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• LMAO! And she's MARRIED!!! Poor, poor girl! She's a titty baby. But her hubby acts younger then her! That's funny. No, I don't know anyone like that. And I'm glad I don't. I couldn't stay friends with someone like that for long. It would get on my nerves way too much how she has to ask her mom about everything.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2010