My DD Fainted at the Entrance to the Show./ OH NO NOT AGAIN.

We were going to River Dance and just as I turned to see where my DD was, I saw her going down, my SIL attempting to catch her. I had just buried my other DD abt 2 yrs earlier and I was hysterical. They eventually found out she has something with her blood sugar being LOW, and she can't stand or sit in one position for any length of time, and an irregular heart beat. She has been given medicine, can't remember the name rgt now. Has anyone ever heard of this, sure was a new one on me. She can now feel it coming on, and goes and sits down before she faints.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Health

• I have sever hypoglycemia. I have to eat about 6 times a day and I can feel it getting low. If it gets to low I will faint. I hit my head several times my senior year in HS. My mom finally took me to the doc when I passed out in the mall with her. You have to make sure that she eats several small meals a day that are good and full of carbohydrates that her body can turn into sugar and top that off with a good amount of protein b/c that keeps the level stabilized. I wish you both luck and I would seek out the advice of a nutritionist to help you guys get some meal plans in place to help keep this controlled.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes. You should have her see her doctor to be on the safe side. Good luck to you.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I faint! I have low blood sugar too. Make sure she eats protein at every meal, cheese, peanut butter are good. She shouldn't have junk for meals. No donuts for breakfast. Make sure she has eggs or yogurt or healthy cereal. Good luck!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Take her to the doc for sure. I fainted twice in HS and they never figured out why. They figured it must just be overheating as I fainted right after PE. The first time they called an ambulance and everything it was horribly embarrassing, the 2nd time I woke to my coach and another teacher carrying me through the lunch room. I had a few more close calls after that but like your DD learned what it felt like so I could sit down or run cold water over the pulse in my wrist, it seems to help. Good luck!
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2010