was going to bring my dd out to play in the rain...

so she can have some fun...but dh says its a bad idea cause she will end up with the flu...it is 17 degree cel. here do you think i should bring her out so she can have some fun and tucker herself out before bed time? she is 22 months old

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 4:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i say let the kid play!
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• You can't catch the flu from rain! It is a germ! Let her play, it sounds fun.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Thatts 62 degrees F. I think it would be ok to play for about 30 mins and then give her a warm bath. As long as you arent cold she should be fine. Rain is fun and safe as long as it isnt lightening go for it!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My kids LOVE playing in the rain! They just came in soaking wet form the rain and it is a myth that a child can get sick from rain you need a virus to get sick.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I agree wit Ria7. GO For it.. as long as you keep her warm after, & she has fun let her go.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 4:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• If after 30 mins she isnt cold then by all means let her keep playing!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Obviously if it is thundering or lightening AT ALL then don't take your child in the rain. And for the record, you can be struck by lightening in your car or on your phone if it thundering and lightening.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I wouldnt. In georgia there have been alot of cases where kids were struck by lighting when the lightening didnt even seem to be close by...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Last one...
    The kids that were electrocuted in GA were playing in the THUNDERSTORM. Unfortunately their parents didn't have the common sense to bring them inside.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• You can't get the flu from playing in the rain.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 5:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010