Does it bug you when other people touch your stuff?

Maybe I am just weird, but there is a woman at work, whenever she comes to me for help with something, she will move my things on my desk to make room for her folders or whatever else she is carrying. Just now she came on and picked up my water bottle and moved it, she even picked it up by the opening which grossed me out. Or she look at papers and folders that I have on my desk that have nothing to do with her. I feel like shouting Don't touch my stuff!!! Other coworkers do this too, move my stuff around and it bugs me for some reason. Sound strange?

nmmama09

Asked by nmmama09 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT!!!!

I work from home, my husband and I run our own business. He has his own "work" spot and I have mine. Lately I've been keeping mine a bit messy, and he comes in and tries to stack papers and move pens, and put binders up. He gets on the computer and closes out tabs. I'm like, "WWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHAAAAAATTTTT DID YOOOOOOOOOOOU JUST DO!?" I pretty much have a heart attack at the sight of anyone sitting at the desk. lol

As far as a public work place goes, I wouldn't have that!! I couldn't deal with other people like that! Especially grabbing my waer bottle. YUCK!

Goooooooood luck with that. lol
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 5:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I'm cringing just reading your post. I think I may have removed the water bottle from her hand myself. To answer your question, no, I do not like people to touch my stuff. I'm very organized and it's well, my stuff.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I'd let them know, "hey, my station. Back off. Do I touch your stuff or move your water bottle?"
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 5:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I wouldn't like it either. Is there another spot they can lay their stuff when they come in? You could maybe direct them to that spot. Sorry, I'm really not much help.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• no it bothers me at home so im sure it would bother me at work too
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It doesn't really bother me.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I hate it when people did that at work, i would freak.. After one time one of the superintendents took the payroll report home things changed... (thank goodness he was the owners dad) after that was given the power to say something.. my desk was not to be messed with! Say something to them but of course be polite.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• The water would have bothered me, but I don't have an issue with putting things back when someone fudges them up. I have kids, if it bugged me that much I would be in a constant manic state! lol
    actually... I would have said something about the water. and possible about her nosiness. But otherwise? nah.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Place a sign with a scary creature on it saying "Hands OFF My Stuff" in your work area. People will get the mewsage.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Maybe make a space for people to put their stuff down. If everyone is doing it then maybe your desk is to crowded.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 5:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2010