bottle

ok my four year old was so easy to get off the bottle all i did was take it away and he was fine with it bit my 13 month old i am havein more trouble any ideals how to get him off

Runt420

Asked by Runt420 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take it away and don't give him the option. Fussing will last a day or two and then it should go away.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• my mom had this problem with my youngest brother and his blankie. He had 4 of the same blankies. So, every time we went somewhere she'd "lose" the blankie...in a hotel shower, in someone's trash can, in a recycled clothing bin.....
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I agree. Take it away andgive no choice the crying will last just a few days to a week they will soon forget.
    kellyjwarren

Answer by kellyjwarren at 5:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Sorry there is no way to just do it besides taking it. Because if you give in you are giving the child control and that is not okay they will grow up thinking they can control you and get what they want. take it away it will hurt you but...when they are hungry or thirsty or whatever they will go..."Oh well this is better than nothing." and forget the bottle.
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Fill the bottle with dirt and tell him it is dirty and you need to throw it way. Then,take him out to buy a sippy cup.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• try a sippy with a softer top like nubbies (I think that's their name, or nubs or something).. they also have a soft straw like nipple the baby might like.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• adriana I doubt a 13 month old is going to care if you put dirt in his bottle and say it's dirty, or even understand.. and what if they get their hands on it? seriously you are better off just snipping the top and saying, see broken. At least they might understand that better.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I just took it away.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i am in the same boat. but i am dong it gradually. only bottle in the morning and at night and usually just in the morning. eventually she will be with out it. she loves sippies. try to buy the disposable sippies they come in all different colors. and bring him with you to get the sippies there are so many to choose from. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:44 AM on Sep. 3, 2010