And now a suspicious vehicle in midtown Manhattan.

The NYC bomb squad is checking out a Mercedes that's been parked since 6AM Easter time... it appears the trunk is weighted down...they've blocked off ten blocks around the area...

Asked by gdiamante at 5:03 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I will have to watch the news now.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Until the tough talk returns and people know the USA says what it means and means what it says, we will live in fear. If this is another botched attempt to bomb, a dry run to see what will happen, or maybe just psychological warfare, we have to pay attention. When people understand that they will be hunted down and prosecuted to the full extend of the law, they will stop. This "warm, fuzzy, soft kind" America is becoming more and more a target. We have to search for the enemy within and stop letting our boarder hemorrhage onto our soil. Some of the things "bleeding" in mean to do us harm. That is why they are here.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Wait, the car has been parked there since EASTER?! LOL Couldn't resist! :o)

Anywho...I will wait and reserve judgment for when the truth comes out about who is the current owner of the vehicle.

whistling

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Apparently it is all clear now....
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0224876220100902
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Here are some good pics of it.

Bomb Scare in Midtown Manhattan? (Updated)

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:28 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Aack! Caught me, Lori! I do have some typing issues.

Comment by gdiamante (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Wonder if someone is in for a MAJOR parking ticket? At least it wasn't a bomb or a body in the car. (I was leaning toward body, myself.)

Comment by gdiamante (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• (I was leaning toward body, myself.)
    _____
    I was thinking drugs... You know couple 100lbs of something would weigh down a trunk. It's common to do dead man drops in expensive vehicles. (for those who don't know... dead man drop is where you park a drug vehicle(full of drugs) and leave it waiting for the buyer to pick it up).
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Agree with Jesse could be a dry run..also with everything else you posted jesse...agreed
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Well....they are serious about investigating if they looked at a car, thought it looked funny and shut down 10 blocks in Manhattan, aren't they? "Soft and Fuzzy America"? HA. Doesn't look that way to me and it never has.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010