Military wives, a question about homecoming

When your dh comes home from deployment, how do you get back into a routine? When my dh comes home, I know he will be different and will have to get used to being around the kids and me again. I don't want to make him feel overwhelmed, but at the same time, I don't want him to feel like he isn't needed. Thanks in advance.

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 5:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Have a lot of patience. Remember, you ALL need time to adjust. Be thankful he is home again. Good luck
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:14 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• The DAY mine came home, we went shopping. We went home(from Green Ramp, when he got off the plane), showered and had sex. It's what he wanted to do. And we went shopping. What he wanted to do. He needed a phone.
    Let your hubby lead the way, so to speak. Take his cues, and don't rush things. Mine wanted to get out, see things he hadn't seen in a while. Yours may not want to. We got back to normal quick, but we also talked every day while he was deployed. A few weeks after he was home it got rough. Not right away. It's good you know he will be different, but don't treat him different, like he's a leaper or anything. Just love him. If he gets annoyed, let him know, kindly, that he needs to relax. But, let him lead the way. If ya'll go out, and he gets uncomfortable, then go home.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2010