What should I do?...

It's already 4:11 pm and I have not taken out anything to defrost for dinner!

What are some fun, quick and easy meal ideas I could try tonight?!

I have a husband, a 13 year old and a 2 year old home tonight!!

Someone please HELP!!

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 5:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• lol, I would just order out.. that's what I did today because I was in the same mood.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:28 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• We have BLT's when we can't think of what we really want, or to have something quick. French fries w/it or sometimes just chips.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Pizza, taco salad or tacos, cheeseburgers, pasta, chicken wraps or pitas, blt's, sloppy joe's, loaded baked potatoes~~Sorry, I have no clue what you have on hand lol. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• How about sandwich melts? French loaf, cut into slices & buttered; top with salami and shredded cheese; pop in oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve with fresh salad.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• How about a potluck dinner? Whatever is in the fridge and pantry is game. Mix things up a little.

OR, you can use the defrost feature in your microwave and use the meat from the freezer.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• shrimp scampi is fairly easy to make.

you just need peeled shrimp ( we used large ones), noodles, butter, garlic powder or minced garlic, and parmesan cheese.

We had it for lunch here and it just took about twenty minutes to make.

You saute and season your shrimp in butter and garlic. (SO added old bay seasoning)
    we boiled the noodles.while the shrimp was sauteeing.
    once they were boiled, we dumped out the water, put the shrimp in the pot with the noodles, added some more butter and seasoned again. We added about three tablespoons of parmesan cheese and cooked it about five minutes after we added the parmesan cheese.

It was delicious. Our son loved it. He's one years old. We're definitely adding it to our menu of things to cook.
    Hope I helped!
    ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 5:17 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Thanks so much! I just asked my Hubby about all the options in the first response... he gave me the krinkled nose with a little "Uhh.." on the side.
    Potluck was night before last. It was yummy too!! And last night I actually fixed just enough to where there was no leftovers. (I wish there were.)
    Maybe just fast food tonight!! ...I'm in a "I don't want to cook" kind of mood now.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Comment by AtHomeMommy-3 (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Thursday's is cereal night for us.big smile mini

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i would have said sandwhich and chips
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 6:56 AM on Sep. 3, 2010