does giving birth really hurt that bad?

1sttimemom32

Asked by 1sttimemom32 at 5:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Depends on how doped up you are! I think it varies from woman to woman, some barely feel a thing, some (like my cousin) swear they will never do it again...ever.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 5:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• No one can tell you. It is different for everyone and every pregnancy. Everyone feels things differently.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 5:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• depends on many factors. there are some great books on the topic like birthing from within, hypnobirthing, ina may's guide to childbirth, easing labor pain, etc.

my first labor/birth was painful but not very "bad". it was a "normal" birth without many interventions, i could move around however i wanted, get in the jacuzzi, get out of the jacuzzi, whatever i felt like. my 2nd, the pain was unbearable but that's because i was strapped on monitors and then in an ambulance! that was not a normal birth and that's why it was so painful. he was 7 weeks early
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 5:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• ya know what, at the time I thought so, but the second it was over, I was fine. However, I did have an epidural for the contractions. I know, I said NO EPI. But, when push comes to shove, and that head is a bit bigger than you thought, you scream "GET ME SOME MEDS NOW!!!!!!!!!" I think the people (mainly my mom and husband) in the room were in more pain than me. I squeezed my husbands hand to a pulp and nearly punched my mom out.
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 5:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It depend on YOUR pregnancy. I had to go through 20 hours of labor and then had an emergency c section!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My labor was worse than the birth.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Both of my deliveries were a walk in the park... SO easy. Didn't feel anything, at all. Literally. I was sooo doped up on the epidural. The worst thing was I couldn't get comfortable. I was miserable with that. But, it varies from person-to-person...
    Good luck.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It hurts to some degree but as soon as it's over and you are holding your lo in your arms you forget about everything else.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I dont think so! I had my son without any medication not even Tylenol and it wasnt that bad. Especially when you watch movies and the women are screaming their heads off. I think it just drama if you ask me. lol
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Each experience varies from woman to woman and from birth to birth. My first labor was horrific but my second was easy as pie.
    kellyjwarren

Answer by kellyjwarren at 5:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2010