its embarrassing but is it normal to be growing hair where i never grew hair before? i have some growing around my belly button and i dont like it!

hair growth

pinkdena

Asked by pinkdena at 5:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• COMPLETELY NORMAL. After the baby comes, growth usually slows again. One good waxing of the lower belly put mine back on track after delivery. I haven't had to do it again.
    Alizzie_Mom

Answer by Alizzie_Mom at 7:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Totally normal. When I was pregnant, I used to pluck the hair from my belly with a tweezer because I hated it! It went away after my kids were born.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• You have always grown hair there, you just didn't notice because you would shed it. During pregnancy, you don't shed hair, it just accumulates. You will notice after you give birth that you lose a TON of hair because your body kicks back into shedding mode so the 100 hairs a day that you normally shed goes all at once.

you won't be bald.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yep, gotta love hormones!
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 5:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• MY HUSBAND PULLS MINE OUT, LOL
    jenny.jourdan

Answer by jenny.jourdan at 5:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yup, my belly got really fuzzy when I was pregnant, I'm lucky it was all blonde. Don't shave it or it will change texture and get darker. I did that with the trail below my belly button and now I have to shave or pluck it. :(
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 5:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• thanks i thought i was going crazy. lol
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 5:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My belly button got hairy too. Dont shave it as it will make it worse. I just plucked them.lol
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i kno, lol im 19 weeks 4 days n i noticed a while ago my belly was gettin hairy, im like eww....n i dont show my belly often cuz i wasnt sure if it was normal or if im jus weird haha
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 6:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• im 19 weeks and 4 days too!!!!! : )
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2010