Deocration ideas for husband coming home from deployment

Wanting to get some ideas. I wanted to buy small flags and put up the driveway but live in small town and no flags to be found. I have a banner for front door and yellow ribbon to make big bows. Any other ideas.

discoverytoygal

Asked by discoverytoygal at 1:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i would save that for the bedroom, after all he has probrably seen all the military he wants to see out there. he is home now...
    rockingrobin

Answer by rockingrobin at 1:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Hmmm, I ordered ribbons and a banner. I got the ribbons from this site: http://mysticalley.com/berwick_ribbon_holiday.html and my banner I made online somewhere. If you have a walmart or a PX near you, I'm sure they sell the small flags for pretty cheap. I know our PX has them. Bake him his favorite sweets. I made DH a wedding cake since it's his favorite. I am also having tshirts made. I made them using photoshop and now all I have to do is order them. One of my friends suggested buying iron on transfers to put on the bed sheets and you can make it say anything you want. I also put up streamers and got a lot of balloons. I put some balloons on the mailbox and I even have a huge yellow ribbon around our tree in front. Hope these help!
    l.bicks

Answer by l.bicks at 1:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I checked the nearest walmart and they didn't have any. The closest PX is 2 hours away. I did have shirts made for when we pick him up. I will get some balloons to add to the decorations outside.
    discoverytoygal

Answer by discoverytoygal at 1:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• my bf is in the navy so i bought " boy short" undies that say "go navy" around the waist band and have an ancor and say "ahoy" on the butt. he loves them.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 1:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• When my hubby was deployed, for his send off party, all the women brought an old bra they didn't want anymore. We strung them together and wrote a letter on each cup to spell the sentence "We Support You, Mike!" I know that's more of a send off thing, but I'm sure you can re-word it. It's not for everyone, but its unique.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• The bra thing is a cute idea. Would have never thought of that but it is a good one. Thanks.
    discoverytoygal

Answer by discoverytoygal at 10:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2008