I need some advice

Ok I don't know what I should do hoping someone can give me some advice. I have been out of work since Dec my boyfriend works but he doesn't make enough to cover rent and our other bills by himself. So we had to move in with friends (btw we have two boys 6 yrs old and 2 yrs old) now they are having financial problems and it looks like it may not be a good idea for us to stay here. My only other option is to move to NC where my family lives which I really don't want to do but maybe it will be good for us. It would be a fresh start and my little ones would get to see their grandparents on a regular basis. So what do you think should we try to tough it out here or move to NC?

dlshaner

Asked by dlshaner at 5:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I would move home. You know your parents will never turn you away, and they may be able to help with childcare while you both find jobs. Heck, start looking now online, that way when you get there you can have interviews set up. If things aren't going well for you where you are, how much worse can things get by moving? You'll have the love and support of your parents, can't get much better than that!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 5:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I would move. I would rather ask my family for help than to burden friends that are having problems of their own.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Sounds like a fresh start with the love and support of family close by would be a good idea. Good luck, change is scary, but things don't get better without it.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 5:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Move to where your parents are.

Answer by louise2 at 5:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Its really up to you, and if your family wants to do it also. But staying with friends that are under a fiancial struggle is definately a bad situation. Good Luck
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 5:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Move back try to get back on your feet then later down the road if you want to move away again you can :)
    anfisasmommy

Answer by anfisasmommy at 5:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Thank you all so much. I think a new start will be better for all of us. My parents are actually coming to visit this weekend. You are so right Jademom things couldn't get much better than they are. Thanks again for your anwsers.
    dlshaner

Comment by dlshaner (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• The economy is really tough and yes it would be great to be closer to those you have been surrounded by most of your life. I would make sure you both have discussed this thoroughly with each other and your parents before making such a big move. Check to be sure your parents will allow you both to resume your relationship as it always has been. Be sure you are both prepared to deal with some form of criticism. After all these things have met both of your approval, I would move. Once there, you both need to find a job, so that you are not leaning on your parents. The problems start when you are not pulling your end. Even if your boyfriend works for awhile before you do. Lastly, the last thing you want is for your parents coming between your relationship. It is more important he works. Hope this is helpful and God Bless you and your family as you embark on this new journey.
    Saprena

Answer by Saprena at 5:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2010