What to feed the Kiddo

So I have to work, my DH leaves before I do. I make our 14mo waffles in the morninng and french toast, because he can eat it in the car if we run late ( which happens atleast twice a week). But he hasnt been wanting to eat it. Any other easy ideas for me to feed him?

browningmom

Asked by browningmom at 5:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh boy, the morning bustle! It's hard to juggle everything, huh? I saw this article with breakfast ideas - some require a bit more prep than I always do, but its got a lot of good ideas.
    http://www.parents.com/recipes/familyrecipes/breakfast/weekday-morning-breakfast-ideas/

I also know a mom who sends her kid to daycare with a carton of yogurt most morning (in addition to whatever she can get in him earlier in the day). Maybe send in a banana or let him take his blueberry pancakes with him? BTW, you can put syrup or honey in the batter to limit the mess. :)
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 11:16 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Well first of all I'd say that you need to be able to set aside time for your child to get an adequate meal. Running late is really not an excuse to limit your child IMO. Waffles and french toast are not enough nutrients, and I can see why he is growing bored. I really wish you could find the time in your schedule to give yogurt, fruits, eggs, and other nutritious things as well.

I personally don't like to feed our daughter in the car due to the fact if she chokes, I am not sure I can pull over in time to help her. It's just IMO though.

Anyway, as far as real food suggestions, I don't really have any. Eggs are messy, yogurts messy, oranges and apples can be messy. We sometimes give our daughter cheese sticks in the morning to help rotate the dairy from yogurt, so maybe you can try that as well.

GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 5:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• blueberry pancakes, fruit smoothie in a cup with a lid and straw, all different flavors of muffins you could make, banana bread, english muffin with a slice of tomato and melted cheese, apple slices and cheese cubes.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• dry cereal in a snack cup or a baggie, with a yogurt drink ( I poke a straw through the lid so it won't spill)
    mini muffins
    granola bars
    instant oatmeal (not in the car of course LOL)
    a banana
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 9:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• so I guess you are a busy working mom and I totally understand but your baby might not like that. personally I cook for my baby the night before and put it in the fridge and warm it the next morning.

My baby likes rice,so I will cook that and hotdogs with onions,garlic and tomato(no salt).
    I also make chicken soup from scratch(chicken,pumpkin,corn,irish poatato and season it to taste )
    cereal using cornmeal or even oatmeal

my cooking style might be different as i am from the island
    Lattymo

Answer by Lattymo at 9:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• mini omlettes, dry cereal with milk to drink, toddler fruit bars
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2010