Need quick dinner ideas for...

DD (3) and I. It's just the 2 of us and since I work 12 hour days, there isn't a lot of time to prep. I don't want to serve the prepackaged meals every night. It's fine for me but not for her.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Chicken, rice and veggies
    Pizza~~my son loves putting whatever he wants on his before we bake them
    Spaghetti
    Tacos
    Egg, tuna or chicken salad sandwiches
    You could throw all sorts of stuff in the crockpot, that way when you get home, supper would be ready
    Meatballs, mashed potatoes n gravy, salad or veggie
    Pancakes, eggs and fruit salad
    Grilled cheese and soup
    Pork chops, noodles and veggies
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 5:46 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• heres one I love

cook some chicken(or use left overs)(about 2 cups) mix with veggies(mixed frozen, or fresh, I use carrots, oinion, peas, zuchinni) add a can of cream of chicken soup, and 1/3 cup of sour cream. Mix together- the chicken veggies, soup/sour cream, Put in casserol dish. Prepare a box of stovetop stuffing, and put that overtop. Bake in oven for 30 mins at 325 or so, this is soo good! To fluff it up, sometimes I add a cup of cooked rigatoni or similar smaller pasta.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• A salad.  

Answer by louise2 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• spaghetti & meatballs, chicken or beef stir fry, veggie lasagna, chicken nuggets (baked) and salad, baked chicken and potatoes or rice
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• cheeseburg joes:

cook hamburger meat.. drain add half cup ketcup, half cup bbq sauce (more or less to taste).. let cook low for 2-5 minutes.. slap on a bum and a slice of cheese.

very tasty.. can also do this by cooking patties until meat is browned, then throwing them into a crock pot with ketcup, bbq sauce and tomato paste.. this way can put in fridge and let rewarm next day for left overs..

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• sunday night make a roast (beef).. eat some, cut up left overs to put in crock pot.. add juice from meat that cooked, a bottle of au jui gravy and a packet of dry au jui gravy and a little water (more or less to taste), and dash salt and pepper (more or less to taste).

whats in crock pot can be warmed up the next night for beef on wick.. and if there is more left overs you can freeze or re warm and make quasadias (beef and cheese on a torilla shell top and bottom, simple and YUMMY).

or make hot roast beef sandwiches.. (4 meals for the time it takes to basically make one)).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Make double portions on the nights you are home so you can just reheat in the microwave.
    Salad with leftover grilled chicken
    Canned soup with bread and fruit

I love my crock pot -- google crock pot recipes
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 8:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2010