How many of each should they have?

Clothes for winter...I have found that she had so many summer clothes that she didn't even wear some of them.

Long sleeve shirts
Sweatshirts
Jeans
Sweatpants
And anything I've forgotten

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 5:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It depends on how cold it gets where you are but here is what i would do, where i live it gets cold in october, dosnt normaly snow til dec. or january tho, and not very much at that.

Long sleeve shirts-8-10
    Sweatshirts-I dont realy buy these, but get sweaters. So i'd say 5?
    Jeans 8
    Sweatpants- again I dont buy these for regular wear, maybe for pjamas. so 4 ish?
    For ds, I also have cargos' and cords(3) and a pair of althletic/wind pants(2) as well as 7 pairs of jeans. I also have several hoodies for him, some short and long sleeved button down shirts, lots of ts and polos(great for layering) and a few jackets-rain/snow/mulit season.

hope this helps. :)
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 6:05 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• my son usually has about ten new shirts, 4-5 sweatshirts/hoodies, two pairs of jeans, a couple pair of sweatpants/atheletic, and a couple pair of khakis.
    he always has some extras, though, if i happen to find something on sale.so far, he's grown into the next size/length with each season, so there's no wearing last-season clothing for him.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Ideally as many as the child needs. Some are rougher on clothes than others. My son has a drawer full of pants, and his half of the closet is filled with a combination of tshirts and longsleeve shirts. He has at least 15 pairs of socks, and the same of underpants. I think children can never have enough of those two. PJs are good too, incase of night time accidents. Usually, the more you have, the less beaten they get and ragged they look after constant washing.
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 6:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It depends on what your budget is like. You could stock up at a kids' resale shop- but I would have at least 2-3 prs of jeans, 2-3 prs of sweats, 4-5 long sleeve shirts, 4-5 sweat shirts (I like to mix & match- so you could get away w/ less if that's too much) Basically enough outfits to last 5-7 days. And dont forget the winter hat, gloves, snow pants or snow suit, & boots. (*Snow is a dirty 4-letter word in my book!)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:03 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Depends on how often you do laundry and how rough the kid is. I usually have tried keeping at least a weeks worth of clothing in case I can't wash them for a couple of days. More in socks and panties since those get changed more often.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 6:05 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• 7 to 10

Answer by louise2 at 6:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• In my house no less than 5 pr of jeans and 3 others prs of long pants of some variety. Around 20 shirts. You are not saving money by buying bare minimums. The more often clothing is washed the more worn out it becomes. Around here we have ice storms. One ice storm can leave us w/o electricity from half a day to a week. No electricity, no laundry. I always have no less than 3 prs of PJs regardless of the season. I alos make sure everyone has at least one pr of long johns to layer under clothes if the weather gets super nasty. Our season can be very mild, like last year. Or I can be house bound for 11 days due to the ice storm from hell 3 years ago. I have to be prepared for either.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I'd say 7-10 shirts, 3-5 pairs of jeans, 1-2 pairs of sweats, and 5-7 pairs of pajamas.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 6:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I'd say a minimum of 7 each imo..

but then again I'm the type that has 14 of each. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think it depend on if you have a washer and dryer and how often you do laundry. The more clothes you have the more mess they make. It depends on the age of the child and how messy. Some kids might need 3 sets of clothes a day. You may need only a few things at a time.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2010