Will I ever get to pee or shower alone again?

I swear I can't pee or shower alone, my 3 year old has to in there. Maybe when my kids are in college! lol

Ashlynnsmommy07

Asked by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 6:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter and a 2 year old boy. I haven't peed, showered, or slept alone in over 2 years. I haven't had a "hot" meal in over 3 years and I haven't had a meal to myself in over 2 years. I don't see it happening anytime in the near future....or the far future for that matter o.O
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 7:39 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• No, trust me...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• nope..hasn't happened yet. even though he(5yo) now requires privacy and a locked door when he's 'doing #2', he doesn't feel the need to reciprocate for me.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• This is why I get up at 5:30 in the morning.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes, you will have to wait until they leave for college, even my 17 yr old DD has to come in and talk to me when I'm in the bathroom. lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• lol, i don't know, my dd likes to shower with me too. and she'll be three in dec. Dont' know what I'm going to do when the new baby comes. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:25 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I have a 3 year old & a 4 month old so I don't see it any time in my future!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Comment by Ashlynnsmommy07 (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• awwww mom IM sorry.... that stinks. I can't complain once John wanted to start shutting the door to go to the bathroom we made a deal, unless he really really really really really really (plus a million more really) needs to use the bathroom or something happens, he doesn't come into the bathroom while Im in there....& I wont walk in on him either.... =)
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• When I read your post.....I laughed! I was JUST TALKING ABOUT THIS! At least 2 times per week, I complain that I have NO PRIVACY!! My only "alone time" is in the shower, or when I'm asleep!!!! It is so frustrating...I can definitely relate to your post!! I assume it will get better. I can't speak from experience, though. My son is 5 years old and is ALWAYS with me (or following me), and my husband never thinks twice about coming in the bathroom without knocking..... I'm praying this will change soon. (We may have to "replace" the lock on the bathroom door :-)

Bostonsbest

Answer by Bostonsbest at 6:49 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I have a 13 month old and he is just now staring to do this.. I do believe this no privacy thing started at pregnancy! Oh what moms go through.....
    starlit_kissez

Answer by starlit_kissez at 7:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2010