WTF!!! Does that mean?

My SO and I are taking a lil space from the relationship right now..to get our stuff together(no bashing) anyway we were talking last night and he said he still has a "great amount" of feelings for me, and still cares about me. But he didn't say "i love u" which is want i wanted to hear. what does he mean a great amount of feelings? and i didn't ask him cuz he will say i think too much.

EttaMay

Asked by EttaMay at 6:25 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe he isn't comfortable telling you that he loves you after whatever has happened and wants to take some time to get there.

OR, he could be stalling, not wanting to hurt you by saying he doesn't love you. IDK. I would give it some more time and then ask him.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• He doesn't want to say it because he doesn't want you to think that the "break" is over, if that makes sense. If he can say that, then there would be no reason for you two needing your space.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:28 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I hate to say but sounds kinda like he is stringing you along a bit. Prob his way of letting you know he cares for you, but may not be in love with you anymore =( Hope you're able to work things out soon!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:28 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Sorry I do not believe in breaks. Work things out together in the same house as a couple or leave for good.
    To me he is saying he does not LOVE YOU anymore. Just cares for you.
    You want this relationship to work? Get is ass back in the house living with you.

Answer by louise2 at 6:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i think it means...he cares about you but he needs his own space
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think it can depend on which one of you is asking for the space. If he's asking for space from you and the relationship then I would take it as "a great amount of feelings"....and not an I love you. If you asked for space etc then I would take it as an "i love you"...but that's just my thinking.
    I would just try asking him flat out...do you love me?!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 6:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• He sounds like he's not sure if he loves you. He cares about you but maybe isn't ready to say he loves you? Like CAblonde says, it kind of depends on who asked for the space. What were you talking about when he said it? If he was asking to get back together, he probably does love you but some guys just aren't comfortable saying the L word. I've been with my SO 7 years, we are getting married and I still never hear him say he loves me unless I say it first! If he dodges your question when you ask what he means, he may be trying not to hurt your feelings.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 6:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Try going without talking for a few days and see how that goes. Absence makes a heart grow fonder...or it can push it further away. Either way if you can go without communciation for a few days, it could really show you how it would be like...
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• You know what, I don't believe in "breaks" either. I don't know what the hell they are. If you can't work on things while you are still in the relationship, then end it all together. What is a 'break' if it's not a 'break-up'?
    Stop talking to him every day. Just don't talk. See how that works. You can't be on this so called break if you talk every day.
    As for what he said, well, I guess you should take it for exactly what he said. No more, no less. And I agree with shanlaree. He doesn't want you to think your break is over, so he's not going to tell you he loves you.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• He is just not that into you anymore ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010