When your dog dies....

What do you do, I want to have mine creamated and spread her ashes. Who would I call after she passes? Do I take her body somewhere?
She is 11 and I know she has maybe another year to go. Im thinking that I would come home and find her passed on. Not sure what to do after that.

Esmrlda

Asked by Esmrlda at 6:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pets

• It is hard for me to even think about b/c i am So close to my dog but, i am happy to see all of the options that there are- i would probably go as far as having a Pet Service at the Funeral Home!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 9:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Local funeral homes usually have pet services. When my dog got hit by a car last year and passed away, I called the local funeral home and they took care of the cremation...they had a whole range of services for pets. You should google it for your area.
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 6:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• We have them cremated. My mom has a whole army of little wooden treasure chests filled with dead pets. There are actual pet crematories. I'm sure a quick google search would show one in your area. Your vet may also have referrals.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Vets can tell you. When our iguana died we called around. There are places that have special services just for animals. I know that the Humane Society around here does that. They have special urns and everything.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 6:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Your vet has services he uses and could offer suggestions. Also check you local yellow pages for pet cemtaries
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 6:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Our vet offers this service.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 6:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• When my dog died our vet did it for us.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My Vet creamated both my dogs when they died. They even put them in litttle boxes for us to bringh home, They are just like a part of the family and they treated them that way also.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Your vet should be able to help you with this.

Our dogs will probably be buried out back in one of the fence rows but hopefully we won't have to worry about that for a while.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2010