Does anyone find it hard to give each child your personal attention each day without it effecting one of your other children?

EcstaticMaMaOf3

Asked by EcstaticMaMaOf3 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I have 3 children and I try to give each child one on one time. Though its hard because my other children feel left out and upset. Anyone have any suggestions?
    EcstaticMaMaOf3

Comment by EcstaticMaMaOf3 (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I remind my other child that he gets one on one time too. I remind him how much he enjoys it. Then, I ignore the whining about it. He needs to learn that it's not all about him.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Sweetie, I am having # 5, and me and my husband have managed to give each one of them attention everyday! And sometimes a group activity is enough!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I have three, and it's not easy. My DH works all day long and doesn't get home until after the kids are in bed. So most of the time it is only me and the kids. It is hard, but it is possible. I am able to give my youngest personal time when the older kids are in school. As far as the older kids are concerned, I try to give personal time while the other is engrossed in an activity. While one is doing homework, I try to get one on one time with the other. My middle son loves to draw, so while he is drawing, I will play a game with the oldest. It's not easy because feelings do get hurt. But it's all about timing.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 6:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Take a breath and pat yourself on the back for being a good mom and doing your best. Just knowing they need this time is fabulous. They are lucky kids.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• The fact that you are thinking about this means that you probably already give quite a bit of individual time to each child. Children naturally get upset and jealous if they don't get ALL of your attention. I don't know how old they are, but keep an open mind to their complaints. If they're upset over WHAT you are doing with the other children and not the time, then you might have something to think about.
    NaturalMomma219

Answer by NaturalMomma219 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes I do
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:05 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Nope. My children get all the attention they require.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I don't worry about it. I have 5 kids. When they want my attention they come to me but they don't always get it (sometimes I'm just busy). It's not the end of the world.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:06 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Thanks Everyone for all the Comments; every Advice helps :)
    EcstaticMaMaOf3

Comment by EcstaticMaMaOf3 (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2010