What are the most conservative states in America?

I was wondering what states other conservatives felt were the most conservative and why. What are the pros and cons of these states??? Can be political pros and cons or not. Do they have many big cities in them that are pretty liberal? If so what are they? I would ask Jeeves but I would like to hear it from the American people. ;0)

Thanks all!

LoveMyMikey913

Asked by LoveMyMikey913 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think Ga. is pretty Conservative and Alabama & TN as well. I've traveled the US with a singing group a few years back and they seemed to be the most conservative. I have to say CA, and NY seem to be the most Liberal at least in the city areas.
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 2:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Since Ga. is part of the "Bible Belt" or so we're called that is my reasoning. I had to re-read your question.

Where do you live? And what brought about these questions? Are you looking to move? Or just trying to analyze how the election will go? :)
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 2:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• The southern states are definitely the most conservative and the fact that they're in the Bible belt is the reason for this. Yes some of the larger cities in the south are liberal, such as Memphis here in Tennessee or Atlanta in Georgia, but the smaller cities, where the regular folks tend to live, tend to be much more conservative.
    BobbieB

Answer by BobbieB at 3:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Definitely not where I am from....California....My guess would be Texas is one of them.
    Anonymous

• I'm from Kentucky. We are pretty conservative as a whole I guess. I think this is a McCain state. I could be wrong though.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 4:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I would think most of the southern states are pretty much conservative.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 8:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• the uneducated south.
    Anonymous

• I live in NC and i would say we are pretty conservative although some of the bigger cities are liberal. anonymous: the south is not uneducated just to let you know..there are uneducated people yes but in general no
    JessicaF1120

Answer by JessicaF1120 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Uneducated. Yeah. You sound pretty uneducated yourself with that kind of response. To bad you can't say that without hiding behind your Anon.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Jessica/miss Elizabeth... I think I'm going to stop posting to anon posters. it's just too bad that we can't have good healthy discussions without them coming in to spread their hate. just ignore it.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 9:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2008