Oops :( ..Help please?

Okay I feel like a complete jack*ss asking this question, lol.. But I made burgers for lunch and poured the grease into the kitchen sinks drain. I know this was a stupid idea, not sure why I did it.. But now my sink is clogged up. How can I get it to unclog? My sink has a layer of dirty water just sitting in there bc it wont go down :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Then run HOT, HOT, HOT water for about 10 minutes.
    You CAN put grease down the drain, you just need to have hot enough water to run with it for several minutes afterward.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Use a plunger. Vinegar sometimes will cut through the grease.
    JohnnyCakes

Answer by JohnnyCakes at 6:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Squirt some dishsoap in the drain area,then pour boiling water straight into the drain itself,then run the hottest water possible down the drain for a few minutes and it should be fine.Next time when you pour the grease into the sink,run the hot water at the same time along with a good sized squirt of soap...I've done this plenty of times...much to my hubby's HORROR if he sees me! LOL!
    cjsix

Answer by cjsix at 6:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Make that boiling water! If that doesn't do it - some good ol' Drain-o should do the trick.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• boil some water and pour it in the sink. repeat as necessary. You can also use a hairdryer aimed at the U bend of the pipe to get things moving.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2010