clogged tub?

my tub seems to be clogged, won't drain..! I tried and got all the hair out of the drain.. but that didn't seem to help. What are some solutions?
(everything else is draining fine, so it's not the septic tank, and anyways that was just emptied).
anything homemade that can be used like a draino??

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 6:49 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Did you plung the hair or just grab what you could w/ your fingers? Not sure what chemicals you should use w/ a septic tank- we usually just plunge ours- it's always hair (my daugher & I have long hair)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Baking Soda & Vinegar... Sprinkle the baking soda down the drain and dump the vinegar down it, then let it sit... Remember how that stuff blew up your "volcano" in 4th grade? It will do the same with the clog...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Oh, let it sit for about an hour and dump some boiling water down it...

• Take off the cap to the overflow drain. Use a thin object (like a screw driver) to shove a rag in the hole. Then plunge.
    Then, take 1 cup bleach and run it down the drain with hot water.
    Bleach works better than Draino to get rid of hair in a tub drain. You should run one cup down once a month.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Ours did the same thing and we found out there was a razor cap in the drain.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 8:19 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• sabrina, that is what I was thinking of doing.. just didn't know if it's safe for spetic systems..
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• so.. figured out the problem (after calling my dad about it).. it's not the septic tank technically.. it's the leach (sp?) line. I guess it got pinched which is why the tub won't really drain yet the toilet can function (tub flushed too much at once) and most of it's backed up into the tub line..

so thank you ladies for your help.. but it's going to take a backhoe and a new leach line to fix the problem.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Sep. 3, 2010