Why do spanish speaking people roll their rrrrrrrrrr's ?

If you don't know please by all means try to make something up, like I'll start,

Spanish speaking peeps roll rrrr's because when they had their pacifiers so long it put a permanent curve into their tongues.

Also they had to enroll 42% of the span. speakg. segment into the speedreading course with those muzzy flashcards when they were 2 yrs. old.
(they just couldn't get the r''' letter. )
Now muzzy is being sanctioned, and it's sold to a country with more trees to make the cards bigger, and easier to read.

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 7:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in

• Hmm..
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 7:14 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• There are 2 r's, the single r, which is typically not rolled, and the double r, which is always rolled. It is considered it's own seperate letter of the spanish alphabet.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• To Hmmm, it's just a crazy inquiry, and to the rhianna, thanks for the update of the use of the letter r.

Please if you aren't offended answer, and if offended I love the language, I'm not spanish, nor speak it, I'm bored and just need to ask silly stuff. It's not a bash, and well, I'm tired, had a very very long 2 weeks.
    coffeeyum

Comment by coffeeyum (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• they are missing a vein under their tounge...every other race has it...
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• What Rhianna1708 said right.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 7:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Rhianna is correct.

If this was just a "fun" inquiry, you would have left it at the question itself. However, the "excuses" you posted aren't all that funny. Guess I don't find it fun to poke "fun" at other ethnicities.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• because it's sexy...lol Rhianna1708 is right it's only the double r that is rolled. the language also has 2 n's there is an plan N and Ñ with the ~ above it (N-yeah)

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 1:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I am sorry but I do think the question and the reasons you gave are rude, and politically incorrect. Very insensitive! You could have stated your question in a much more adult and unoffensive manner.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Umm hello do you not know your the minority now?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• cuz everything with a rrrrr sounds sexy...im puerto rican and roll my rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:56 AM on Sep. 19, 2010