How did you deal with waiting for labor?

I'm due on Tuesday - I already have the nursery set up and everything has been washed. Now I'm just waiting and waiting, which of course makes time crawl. Any suggestions on things to do while waiting for those first real contractions?

Autumn317

Asked by Autumn317 at 7:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Very deep squat where you butt nearly touches the floor. It helps to thin and stretch the cervix naturally after the 35th week.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 7:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I waked power walking to help speed things along. Also vacuum your butt off that helps too. Although doctors do not recommend you try induce yourself. I wouldn't try it unless you are very uncomfortable. Stay on here lol otherwise it will undoubtedly make time fly :D
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 7:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I nested. Deep cleaned everything and cooked. im only 12wks and im already "nesting"
    Nameismommy

Answer by Nameismommy at 7:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• get outside and go for walk
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Honestly, I never went through that "whens it coming" state... I just go with the flow... I figure when it happens it happens... And honestly, it never has for me. lol! I don't make the right chemicals and have to be induced, so when my water breaks or when we hit 42+ weeks we induce.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I laid back an relaxed and slept. Except for on my due date, we drove to a big craft fair and walked around at it all day.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:14 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I REMEMBER WITH MY 1ST I WAS CLEANING THE HOUSE WHEN I STATED TO BLEED AND THEN BAD CONTRACTIONS A FEW HOURS NOT FAR BEHND. I ATE DINNER, PACKED AND WENT TO THE HOSP. MY 2ND I WAS LATE , HAD AN INTERNAL, STARTED BLEEDING AND WENT CHRISTMAS SHOPPING, STILL DIDN'T GO THE NEXT DAY, SO WENT GROCERY SHOPPING ,JUST KEEP BUSY. I WORKED UP TO THE LAST MINUTE WITH MY 3RD WENT A FEW WEEKS EARLY SO DIDN'T GET ANYTHING DONE, WOKE UP EARLY IN THE MORNING W/CONTRACTIONS AND WENT TO HOSPITAL. TtHE BABY WILL COME WHEN THE BABY WANTS TO JOIN YOU IN THIS GREAT BIG WORLD WE ALL LIVE IN. GOOD LUCK
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Im 34 weeks today and feel like I been prego for 2 years!
    From2to3

Answer by From2to3 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Sleep, watch a movie, sleep, get a pedicure, sleep, get your hair done, sleep, go shopping, sleep. lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2010