How t oget over feeling verwhelmed about all the names?

My baby will be here any day now, and I am at a loss. Everytime I try to look at a book with baby names or sit down at the computer to look for something, I get bored and overwhelmed. I will start with A and just stop. What did you do to get over these feelings?

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 7:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Baby Names

• I was getting the same way. So I had to stop looking them up online....I would get way to frustrated. I just started really paying attention to peoples names on tv, in books, where ever, but I never looked them up anymore. Finally I heard one I loved and dh agreed on it!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• There are so many beautiful names for girls and so many great names for boys. GL
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• You will know when you see him/her. What kind of names do you like? Traditional or Original?

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I know how you feel - there are WAY too many options online. If you're not too far along, I'd suggest starting a list. Whenever you come across a name that you like, add it to the list (doesn't have to be perfect - just anything you'd consider). In a few months, go over the list and cross off ones that don't seem so great anymore and run a few of your favorites by your friends and family. Look up your list online to get more info on them. Hopefully you'll find one you keep coming back to. I'm due in a few days and still haven't picked one out - I put my list in my hospital bag just in case. I'm hoping I'll know it when I see her but at least the hospital won't let me leave until I make a decision :-)
    Autumn317

Answer by Autumn317 at 8:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Forget the computer. Make a list of names that sound interesting to you that you hear on TV, at the market, etc.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:19 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• join this baby name group
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/44883
    They can help you narrow some names down based on what you like and want in a name... filter some names out for you so it's not so overwhelming :)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Despite the fact that you are overwhelmed and bored, your child is going to still need a name.There's got to be a name or two out there that you like.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:35 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It will come when you hold that beautiful baby.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 12:23 PM on Sep. 4, 2010