How do I get my 6yr old ds to stop sucking thumb?

My ds has been sucking his thumb since he was 6mos old as he got older only when he was tired or bored. I have tried the No bite spray and it did not work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't know; but when you find out, can you let me know? I have a dd who sucks her thumb, and I have no clue how to get her to stop.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 7:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I do not know..My son has never been one to put things in his mouth. He only took pacifier till he was 10 months.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Cut it off- both of them.... no seriously-

You can't- I sucked my thumb forever, prob till I was 10. I finally stopped when I was too embarassed to let anyone see me!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I have given up. My soon to be 5 yr old has been sucking her thumb since 2 months! We have battled skin infections, her nail has fallen off twice, and her thumb and finger nail looks permanently disfigured. It is g-r-o-s-s! I even took her to the nail shop because she promised me that she would stop sucking it if I got her nails painted. She lasted a whole 2 hours.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 8:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• check out www.onestepahead.com and enter thumb guard into the search field. I get their catalog each month and have seen it have some good reviews. :) Good luck
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 2:45 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Put gloves on him, duck tape them so he cannot take them off. Jalepeno peppers, cut and rub on the thumbs during the day. Do a reward system for everyday that he doesnt suck. It hard but you can do it.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 3:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• hotsauce, cayenne pepper,
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2010